200 Argumentative Essay Examples
The essay is a genre born in the heart of the deep reflections made by philosophers about everything that “afflicted” humanity.
It is considered literary because of the use of language: it is embellished with the multiple rhetorical figures used.
One of the most common essays is the argumentative one. It is essentially a type of text in which this discursive order predominates. It is a prevalent task in academic life. Many students find this type of paper challenging to write and use particular argumentative essay example for extra motivation.
This type of text is beneficial and practical. It allows you to think about a topic and reflexively thread your ideas to empathize with the reader. In this study, WowEssays (free essay database and writing service) has compiled a list of 200 short argumentative essay examples to help you write a quality paper.
Characteristics of College Argumentative Essay Examples:
As a text whose purpose is to convey information, the author’s approach to the argumentative essay is a type of free text that transits through the discursive genres of description, exposition, and argumentation. The characteristics of the argumentative essay sample are:
Free theme: the theme chosen for the essay depends on the author’s interests, knowledge and experience in the subject, and passion for it.
Therefore, the topic is always of free choice for the author. Of course, there may not be much freedom in choosing the topic in the case of essays previously assigned by a teacher, but there is freedom in approaching it.
Formal language: when writing an academic argumentative essay, especially an essay with an argument, the language should always be legal, respecting the structural forms of grammar and without using colloquialisms that make reading difficult.
Arguments: argumentation is the key to the argumentative essay. It consists of supporting the ideas expressed with the support of solid approaches that allow convincing the reader.
Arguments can be based on quotations from other authors, always respecting the rules of source and copyright. It is always advisable to include references to support the author’s ideas.
Contrasting quotes can also be used to refute such ideas, thus increasing the credibility of the essay’s central proposition.
Coherence: coherence is a fundamental part of any written text. It is about maintaining a consistent link between the ideas that facilitate reading and comprehension by the reader.
For a text to be coherent, it is necessary to maintain order in the arguments and at the same time to construct the sentences correctly, respecting grammar and spelling.
Length: the length of any essay is usually equal to or greater than five pages. If it is shorter, it is not an essay, but an analysis, an opinion article, a working paper, or any other type of tought exercise.
Although the length of an argumentative essay is variable and depends on the author’s approach, the subject matter, and the references cited, it is usually longer than five pages since it requires ample text space to develop the ideas.
How to Write Good Argumentative Essay Examples?
What is an easy argumentative essay, and how to write it? An argumentative essay is made by selecting a topic to address. That allows you to present both the position of the primary author and supporting authors to validate it.
Before going through the steps to follow for its elaboration, you have to know the basic structure of the best argumentative essay example, which can be slightly modified depending on the communicative intentions.
Structure of Argumentative Essay Samples
- Thesis (hypothesis, postulate)
The idea that is stated to show your position about the topic is to be developed clearly.
- Body (arguments)
Reasons that support or endorse the idea were initially stated to guide the reader to a particular conviction about your initial postulate.
The optional mechanism exposes opinions contrary to the arguments that support the thesis and thus achieves its acceptance.
We insert a counterargument that helps us to validate the reasons given to defend our own opinion.
You take up your thesis and link it with synthetic deductions product of all the reflection you have generated in your statements; thus, you reinforce your postulate and simplify the reasons that validate your ideas: you reaffirm the thesis.
You need to know that no essay has a rigid structure; on the contrary, the above organization is only a guide for you to learn how to organize your opinions and arguments.
Now that you know how to organize argumentative research essay examples at a high level.
How to Start an Argumentative Essay Examples
Many students don’t know where to start when writing an argumentative. Our list of wow writing an argumentative essay examples can help you to write a fantastic paper. We have prepared steps that make writing a paper easy and fast.
1. Choosing a topic
You must know what you are going to talk about. You will never be able to start writing if you do not have a defined goal. Do not confuse the topic with the title: the issue is where the text is inserted; the title summarizes the specificity with which the case will be treated.
Can you write about what you do not know or do not master enough? Although the essay is your own opinion, it is always a good idea to do a little more research. It will give more convincing strength and solidity to the arguments.
3. Outline or working script
Is it easier to build a house without a frame or with one? Well, that is what constitutes the working outline: a “skeleton” on which you will make the final text.
Once you have organized the ideas to be developed, you write down the information.
5. Appropriate titles
For the topic to be developed, the communicative intention and the reading public catch their attention from the beginning.
The ideas must be developed with an internal logical order that guarantees their meaning; the sentences that make up a paragraph and the paragraphs that make up the text must make sense.
Cohesive mechanisms ensure the order and external linking of ideas in the text. The proper use of connectors (textual markers), punctuation marks, and ellipsis (deletion of words or phrases) help with writing flow. The use of pronouns and synonyms avoids unnecessary repetition.
8. Stylistic harmony
The text style should be uniform in terms of the language used, and the way ideas are presented; if I start formal (with a standard-formal lexicon), ideally, this tone should be maintained throughout the writing.
9. Impeccable syntax
It would help if you structured the statements grammatically, always making sure that they follow the already known rules.
10. Perfect spelling
Writing or speaking well is our best letter of introduction if we want to impact others positively. In addition, the correct use of punctuation marks ensures that your ideas are captured and interpreted as you conceive them.
Free Argumentative Essay Examples
Argumentative essays aim to show logical and well-explained reasoning about a particular topic and convince the reader of the argument raised. The list below provides a large number of possible argumentative essay examples for college:
- Argumentative Essay On Three Incumbent Presidents That Failed To Get Reelected Between 1976 And 1992
- Free Argumentative Essay On Human Cloning
- A Debate Topic On Marijuana Argumentative Essay Examples
- Argumentative Essay On Floating
- Argumentative Essay On Legalization Of Marijuana
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On Condoleezza Rice v. Hillary Clinton Leadership Styles
- Argumentative Essay On Frameworks, Systems And Strategies For Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 Management
- Death Penalty Is Not Just And Fair Argumentative Essay Examples
- Gay Marriages Argumentative Essay Example
- Why I Dont Use Facebook Argumentative Essay
- Is Internet The Source Of Supernormal Profits In Businesses Argumentative Essay Examples
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On The Industrial Revolution And Its Effects On 19th Century Society
- Bargaining A New Deal For The Women Of America Argumentative Essay
- Branding In Business Argumentative Essay
- Example Of Does God Exist Argumentative Essay
- Capital Punishment In A Modern Society Argumentative Essay Sample
- Argumentative Essay On Debate: We Could Earn Peace Through The Violence
- Pride And Prejudice Analytical Essay Argumentative Essay
- Homework Argumentative Essay Examples
- The Moral Value Of Equality In Plato, John Locke And Karl Marx Argumentative Essay Examples
- Example Of Linear Relationships In Real Life Argumentative Essay
- Junk Food Argumentative Essay Examples
- Social Media And Technology Argumentative Essay Examples
- The Impressionable Mind: Why Marketing Food To Children Is Unethical Argumentative Essay Sample
- Defending Our Rights Argumentative Essay Example
- Is Video Gaming Good Or Bad Argumentative Essay Examples
- Free Argumentative Essay On Homeschooling: A Summary
- Argumentative Essay On The Function Of Social Disobedience
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On John Stuart Mill
- You Pick One Of The Questions Argumentative Essay Sample
- Legalized Euthanasia Argumentative Essay Examples
- Strayer University Argumentative Essay Sample
- Sequestration Argumentative Essay
- Abortion: A Pro-Choice View Argumentative Essay Examples
- Argumentative Essay On Hillary Rietcheck
- Example Of Welfare Time Restrictions Argumentative Essay
- Significance Of Role Of Women In Aztec Society Argumentative Essay Examples
- Argumentative Essay On A Letter To The President Of A University
- Higher Education Losing Its Way/Civic Responsibility Argumentative Essay Sample
- Are Humans Animals Argumentative Essay
- Preserving Biodiversity Argumentative Essay Sample
- Example Of Should Human Genes Be Patentable Argumentative Essay
- Contemporary Advertisements: A Reflection Of The American Society Argumentative Essay
- Pro-Life Supporting Argumentative Essay Example
- Reading Response Mini-Essays Argumentative Essay
- Free Argumentative Essay On Instructer
- No Child Should Go Hungry Argumentative Essay
- Argumentative Essay On Afin53: Dividend Discount Model
- Argumentative Essay On Green Energy And Global Warming
- Argumentative Essay On Restriction On Gun Ownership Paper
- Argumentative Essay On Personality Disorders
- Example Of Sex Discrimination Act Argumentative Essay
- My Grandmother Should Not Drive Argumentative Essay Examples
- Abortion Essay By Ishika M Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Argumentative Essay About Rousseau Versus Wollstonecraft On The Rights Of Women
- Example Of The Groupthink In Malcolm X And Elijah Muhammad Argumentative Essay
- Is Rachel Whiteread’s Untitled Mattress 1991 Art Argumentative Essay Examples
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On Fracking
- In Praise Of Chain Stores Argumentative Essay Samples
- Counterarguments Argumentative Essay Sample
- Argumentative Debate Argumentative Essay Samples
- Which Prevails In The USA: Security Or Liberty Argumentative Essay Examples
- Whales In Captivity Argumentative Essay Samples
- The Pros Of Genetically Modified Foods Argumentative Essays Example
- Good Argumentative Essay On Australians Role
- Cyber Terrorism Argumentative Essay Samples
- An Analysis Of The Use Of Technology In The Classroom Argumentative Essay Examples
- Good Example Of Argumentative Essay On Ethics
- The Media On Climate Change And Global Warming Argumentative Essays Examples
- Free Argumentative Essay On Phil 200
- Example Of Against All Odds Argumentative Essay
- Good Example Of What Kind Of Personality Does It Take To Be A Good Political Leader Argumentative Essay
- Finance Argumentative Essay Sample
- UK Demographic Change Argumentative Essay Sample
- Jack Galante Argumentative Essays Examples
- Free Senegal: Marine Pollution Argumentative Essay Example
- Example Of Sports Argumentative Essay
- Argumentative Essay On Classdate
- Good Example Of Singer’s Position On Helping The Poor Argumentative Essay
- Free Argumentative Essay About When Communication Changes Face
- Discipline Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Argumentative Essay About Adventure Of Honor
- Argumentative Essay On The Path Of Sacrifice
- Good Argumentative Essay About The Girl Who Played Go, Shan SA
- Violence In The Media Argumentative Essays Example
- Urban Sustainability In Vancouver Argumentative Essay Example
- Argumentative Essay On Data
- Disjunctivism And Causal Theories Argumentative Essay
- Free Argument Essay Argumentative Essay Sample
- Example Of Gun Control In USA Argumentative Essay
- Good Example Of Argumentative Essay On Are Genetically Modified Foods A Good Choice For Underdeveloped Countries
- Argumentative Essay On Should The Death Penalty Be Abolished
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Negative Effects Of Medical Marijuana
- Good Example Of Argumentative Essay On Goth Culture
- Example Of Which Theorist Offered The Most Useful Insights For Twenty-First-Century Warfare Argumentative Essay
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Video Games Cause Less Violence Than Other Forms Of Media
- My Heart Is Your Heart Argumentative Essays Examples
- Early Beginnings And The Industrial Revolution Argumentative Essay Samples
- Understanding Caribbean History Through Modern Caribbean Literature. Discussing Argumentative Essay Sample
- Social Welfare: Aboriginal Land Claims In Canada Argumentative Essays Example
- Good Example Of A Cartoonist Draws An Offensive Comic And Demands That It Run Unedited Argumentative Essay
- Gay Marriage Argumentative Essays Example
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On Child Obesity
- Good Argumentative Paper About Gun Control Argumentative Essay Example
- Computer Communications Versus Face-To-Face Argumentative Essay Samples
- Free Sexuality & Society Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Their Eyes Were Watching God By Zora Neale Hurston Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Death Penalty Argumentative Essay Sample
- People Ought To Have A Right Not To Vaccinate Their Kids Argumentative Essay
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Look At Description
- Should States Be Required To Educate The Children Of Illegal Immigrants Argumentative Essay Example
- Same Sex Marriage Argumentative Essay Examples
- Healthy Eating And Possible Repercussions Argumentative Essay Sample
- Good Example Of The Death Penalty: Is It A Deterrent To Crime Argumentative Essay
- Good Example Of Anderson Should Go To Jail Argumentative Essay
- Symbolisms In Lord Of The Flies By William Golding Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Argumentative Essay On Homeland Security Organization
- Free Argumentative Essay On What Can Be Done To Improve Participation In Industries
- Good Argumentative Essay On The Impact Of Social Media On Groups And Human Development
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Reflective Introductory Essay
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On How Does Slavery Fit Into American Identity
- Risks In Supply Chain Argumentative Essay Sample
- Commercial Peace Theory: Right Or Wrong Argumentative Essay Examples
- Free Why Same Sex Marriage Is Bad For Society Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Why Should Crime Be Punished Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Economic Agencies Argumentative Essay Sample
- Descartes & Gray Argumentative Essay Samples
- Good Example Of Argumentative Essay On Pick Up One Of The Two Questions You’ll Find In The Attachments
- Good Do We Care For People’s Health Or Ill-Health In Australia Argumentative Essay Example
- Good Religious Studies Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Argumentative Essay About Do You Think Medical Marijuana Should Be Legal In The United States Why Or Why
- Good What Role Does 2) The Nature And Behavior Of Political Parties Play In Post-Communist Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Argumentative Essay About Name
- Does The Adoption Of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Improve Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Argumentative Essay On All Forms Of Culture Are Of Equal Value
- Free Argumentative Essay On John Locke V. Karl Max
- Good Are Our Brains Naturally Geared To Receive And Facilitate The Technology Advancing Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Human Nature: The Struggle For Happiness Argumentative Essay Sample
- Free Argumentative Essay About Classic Racism
- Free Argumentative Essay About Alone And Forgotten
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Unethical Decisions Result From An Individuals Choice Rather Than Their Work
- Problems In Ohios Economy Argumentative Essay Sample
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Domestic Violence
- Good The Support He Gives Is In Threatening His Mistress That She Would Die, Leaving Argumentative Essay Example
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Description And Feasibility Of Solution To In The Inheritors
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On Corporate Social Responsibility
- Example Of The Essay Argumentative Essay
- Good Example Of Aristotles Interpretation Of Happiness Argumentative Essay
- Why It Is Better To Buy Food Locally Than From Large Companies Argumentative Essays Example
- Free The Effects Of The Cellular Phone Use Towards The Modern Life Argumentative Essay Sample
- Good Leading And Motivating People Argumentative Essay Example
- Pedagogy Of The Oppressed Argumentative Essay Examples
- Good Argumentative Essay On Should Drivers Pay A Fine For Talking On A Cell Phone Or Texting While Driving
- Example Of Aristotles Treatment Of Virtues Argumentative Essay
- Argumentive Essay Argumentative Essay Example
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On Women In The Advertising Industry
- Good Example Of Government Legislations And How They Regulate Business Ethics Argumentative Essay
- Good Comparison Between Socrates And Sophistry Ways Of Thinking Argumentative Essay Example
- Accepting Our Historys Flaws Argumentative Essays Examples
- Revolutionary Radicalism Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Argumentative Essay On Homeschooling Vs. Public Education
- The Opposite Of The Essay That I’m Going To Attach At The End Argumentative Essay Example
- Free Memorandum Argumentative Essay Sample
- Guiding With Purpose Argumentative Essay Sample
- Good Example Of White Normativity Argumentative Essay
- Good Example Of Analyzing The Implications Of No Self From Parfits And The Buddhas Standpoint Argumentative Essay
- Good Argumentative Essay On Gun Control
- Argumentative Essay On Why I Support Euthanasia
- Good Argumentative Essay On Punish The Individuals Not The Executives
- Free Art & Architecture Argumentative Essay Sample
- Good Argumentative Essay On The Holocaust As Trauma And Postmodern Narrative:an Analysis Of Art Spiegelman
- Sample Argumentative Essay On Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage
- Good Argumentative Essay About Descartes And Hume Questions
- Free Liberty Argumentative Essay Sample
- Use Of Consumer Purchase Behavior By Businesses In Predicting Life Changes Argumentative Essay
- Obesity In America: A Bigger Issue Than We Think Argumentative Essay Examples
- Free Parenting And Video Game Violence Argumentative Essay Example
- Good Example Of Argumentative Essay On Death Penalty
- Good Causes Of Environmental Changes Argumentative Essay Example
- Good Legalization Of Prostitution Argumentative Essay Example
- Free The Taming Of The Shrew: Anti Feminism In 16th Century Literature Argumentative Essay Sample
- Good Argumentative Essay About Journalism
- Arbitration Assignment Argumentative Essays Examples
- Good People Receiving Welfare Should Be Drug Tested Argumentative Essay Example
- Argumentative Essay On Death Penalty
- Good Example Of Black American In The Revolutionary Era Argumentative Essay
- Free Argumentative Essay On Comparative Essay That Compares Measure For Measure By Shakespeare And Romeo And
- Example Of How FAR Is The Death Penalty Benefiting The Society Argumentative Essay
- Good Argumentative Essay On Humans With Milder Defects
- Example Of Argumentative Essay On What Some Call Self-Writing By Jim W. Corder
- Argumentative Essay On Even Though Segregation Was Viewed As Bad, It Benefited The Black Community
- Common Core Math Will Not Improve Math Scores Argumentative Essay Samples
- Good Example Of The Ethics Of Unpaid Internships Argumentative Essay
- Example Of Are Electric Motors Worth The Investment Argumentative Essay
- English Composition I: Rhetorical Methods–Based
- I Am Well-Loved Shoes
- The Rescue – Examples of Narrative Essays
- Caught in a Storm
- 4 Sample Graduate School Essays
- Personal Narrative Essay Samples
Samples of Essays for Better Inspiration
Nurses are among the most important healthcare professionals in managing and treating the problems faced by people. They have also played an essential role in treating people during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this pandemic has resulted in a high level of workplace stress among nurses. This stress could be associated with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and burnout among nurses …
As a constitutional democracy, the United States is based on the rule of law to guide the governments in their practices and safeguard the rights of its citizens. At the same time, the government has the right to protect its citizens from real or perceived harm. Counterterrorism, like terrorism, is the reality facing many nations worldwide, and the countries must protect their citizens from individuals seeking penalties. In the United States, counterterrorism has brought a contentious debate between the need for security of its people versus their civil liberties …